Ten things you might not know about Germany.
1. Most Germans would have no problems driving in England, since they use the left-hand lane of their freeways almost exclusively.
2. Despite the prominence of English, German is the language most people in Europe learn as their first language.
3. Germans can gain a university Diploma in Sausages in Bavaria.
4. The building where the Chancellor works in Berlin is affectionately known as The Washing Machine.
5. Most German towns have an Equal Opportunities post in local government. This post is always occupied by a woman.
6. The biggest supplier of frozen pizza to Italy is a German company.
7. Twenty years after reunification, East German citizens are still paid less than their West German counterparts for the same work. The payment difference is regulated by the government which, however, insists that men and women be paid the same wage for the same work.
8. There are over three hundred different types of bread and more than five thousand seven hundred different beers in Germany.
9. In Bavaria beer is considered food.
10. Telemarketing is illegal in Germany.
Love & Kisses, Viki.