I’ve been playing around with the settings for my web blog again, more out of necessity than anything else, and cursing the fact that I can’t simply write the necessary codes myself, design a good template and be done with it.
The problem, for me if not for anyone else, is my mobile site. I did have a reasonably good single column template there, but the photographs weren’t resizing. A short mail exchange with the designer brought me a promise that he did intend updating the code, making it more mobile friendly, but nothing has come of it. Of course, I can’t expect everyone to jump around at my beck and call, I have to do a little bit myself, and that is what I did last night. A new search through the available themes on wordpress.org, and a new selection to go through, check out, play with.
The result was four or five different templates which seemed relatively good, simple, quick loading and so on. Of course, the problem remains that many of the photographs and images I use are quite large, and that needs more time for the download to a cell, but it’s difficult to adapt everything for every eventuality.
The result is a new template – sadly with a lot of white space – which fits cell phones and mobile users far better. Hopefully it will continue to work out as I wish and as all my mobile visitors desire!
Love & Kisses, Viki.